It is our great pleasure to invite you to contribute research works to the “10th International Festival of Top Researches & Innovations in Urban Management” which is held by Tehran Urban Planning & Research Center annually. It calls for papers from all academic disciplines and thematic areas to reflect critically on the current dynamics in the field of urban management and to explore the various practical and theoretical challenges into international urban research today. The most prominent works will be shortlisted for Tehran Univarsal Award. Moreover, accredited international institutes are invited to introduce an eminent scholar (including their research work) to be placed in the long list of the Tehran Univarsal Award. The festival will be held on 24 December 2017; Deadline for full paper submission is the 21 November, 2017.
- Identifying, exchanging and promoting scientific methods of urban management
- Strengthening the implementation of theoretical researches and scientific achievements and international urban experiences
- Honoring creators of superior scientific and research works related to urban management.
- Developing research cooperation at the international level.
Research works exploring any of the urban study themes are welcome. Preference will be given to high quality papers that fall within one of the following seven tracks, under which specific panels will be organized. Potential topics for papers may include, but are not limited to:
1) City and Lifestyle;
2) Society, Culture and Urban Relations;
3) Islamic-Iranian City;
4) Urban Environment and Sustainable Development;
5) Government, Governance and Urban Economy;
6) Urbanism and Urban Spatial Planning:
7) Infrastructure and Urban Services
Selected works will receive awards as a token of TUPRC gratitude. The proceedings of the conference will be published at the end of the event. Meanwhile, the rest of the whole works will be available on the TUPRC E-exhibition website at: http://e-exhibition.tehran.ir
Research works, categorized into essays, books, research projects and theses, can have been published or accepted elsewhere but it must be original in compliance with the Intellectual Property Rights. Submissions must be in English only and contributors should send their works to TUPRC at www.tehranaward.ir Each submitted research work will have to fall under one of the following categories:
• Technical Solution Papers present solutions that are novel or significantly improve on existing solutions. A technical solution paper must include a preliminary validation of the proposed solution. Results must be stated clearly enough so that it is possible to validate them in later research.
• Evaluation Papers evaluate existing problem situations or validate proposed solutions with scientific means and methods, i.e. by empirical studies, experiments, case studies, simulations, mathematical evidence, etc. The research method must be sound and appropriate.
• Urban Practice and Experience Papers present problems or challenges encountered in practice, relate success and failure stories, or report on urban practices. The practice must be clearly described and its context must be given.
• Work in Progress Papers present interesting preliminary results that may not be fully validated yet. The presented work should be advanced enough to show its contribution and significance.
• Vision Papers explore the history, successes, and challenges of requirements related practices and research agendas, and outline research roadmap for the future.
• Doctoral Papers are papers submitted by PhD candidates only and are related to research work in progress.
• Poster Papers as well as Demo Papers aim at gathering researchers in a forum to showcase their work and obtain feedback on the ongoing researches from the conference attendees.
For further inquiries about Tehran International Award, please contact us Email: email@example.com ,
Tel: +982122392080-3 (ext. 388)
•Deadline for full paper submission: Extended to November 6, 2015
Visit to Exhibition: December 13-14, 2015 from 09:00 to 18:00 hours
Scientific and Specialized Sessions: December 13-14, from 10:00 to 16:00 hours
Closing and Award Giving Ceremony: December 13, 2015 from 14:00 to 16:30 hours
Venue: Hafez Street, Amir Kabir University of Technology
Tehran Urban Planning & Research Center (TUPRC) as the research department of Tehran municipality takes responsibility for providing scientific as well as intellectual support for municipality’s initiative plans across a variety of urban fields. The center has also approached to reside in the focal point of urban studies novelties in association with other international institutes. As before, Tehran International Award (November, 2007) is intended to provide a platform for researchers, practitioners, academicians and professionals from a variety of fields of urban studies to share innovative research achievements & practical experiences to elaborate scholarly discourse in development of urban management. This Award is dedicated to publish high quality works providing meaningful insight into the substantial urban management content both in Iran as well as global context.